Wednesday 1 June 2011

Embassy Stainless Steel pen review

The embassy pen was designed and made by County Comm.


The pen was made as part of a government contract. The specifications of the pen are as follows:

1)301 high grade Stainless steel body.
2)Measurement: 5.25 inches by 0.50 inches diameter.
3)Weight: 3.83 Oz or 108.4 Grams (pretty heavy).
4)Cartridge: Fisher SPR4 Space Pen refill.




Let's start with the feel of the pen, as soon as you hold this pen you know its heavy and got a solid chunky feel to it. It feels as if it was made to last. The body is stainless steel and has knurling at key points where you would grip the pen. The screw on cap is something that you would love or hate depending on how you prefer pen caps to be. Honestly its not an issue. If you are the kind of person who likes to clip the cap to the back end of a pen, you will be disappointed. You cant clip the cap to the back end. The manufacturer says that this was done for specific reasons. After watching the youtube review of the aluminum version on their website (yes this pen comes in different metal types aluminum (duh), copper and titanium) the simple reasons is if someone wants to borrow your pen, you take the cap off and give them the pen only this will let them know they gotta give it back and if they forget it you will definitely remember to ask them for it as you will be left holding a cap. After using this pen for a couple of weeks I realized if you could clip the cap to the of back, it would make the whole pen heavy at the back and kinda make it difficult to write with anyway. Well I am not complaining when I am writing I usually hold the cap or set it aside.

The other plus point about the pen is the clip on the cap. Its great I walked and ran with this pen clipped to my jeans, it was still there didn't even feel as if it was moving. Its pretty sturdy and strong. The clip is fitted in a grove that is machined into the cap its a flush finish with only the two screw heads sticking out. nice attention to detail. One thing I always hated about my pens was the clip. Most of my pens were lost due to a broken clip. Finally a pen that has a great clip.

Now the space pen cartridge in this pen is simply amazing. You can write with it upside down or underwater (I tried it and it works). If you don't believe me just check the many videos on youtube about this. Not many people write with a pen underwater but who cares if you don't, it still can write on normal paper.

When I showed it to my workmates most of them thought I was crazy and the best response was "You are such a nerd". Well I am a nerd with an awesome pen. I haven't really given this pen to my colleagues or friends to use but when I let them hold it the responses I got was "how can you write with this thing, its too heavy", "I hate the screw on cap!, other then that I like it." I cant really blame them I didn't really give them a chance to use it or get a feel of it. Well I am not planning to do that anyway, If they want to they can buy one for themselves.

All in all this is a great pen. I am using this pen ever since I got it and can't put it down. Its really comfortable to write with. I would recommend this pen to anyone who wants a pen that would last them a lifetime.

I hope whoever reads this finds it a good read. This is my first real effort in writing a post on my blog. I hope its not my last post. I want to maintain this and maybe make it a hobby or something that I do when I am bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment